Acquisition of professional fireworks
The word “acquisition” covers not only the purchase of fireworks, but also those occasions where fireworks are, for example, received free of charge in the form of samples or for advertising purposes.
Please note that professional pyro technicians do not have to have a permit to acquire fireworks.
General or individual authorization
You can obtain a general authorization to acquire professional fireworks if you will be reselling fireworks, e.g. as a wholesaler, or if you have been approved as a certified pyro technician. You can obtain an individual authorization to acquire professional fireworks if you can prove that you have entered into an agreement with a professional certified pyro technician on the use of fireworks and you have a special interest in acquiring the fireworks.
Transfer of professional fireworks
The regulations relating to the transfer of fireworks are also set out in the Executive Order.
What is meant by “transfer”? The word “transfer” covers not only the sale of fireworks, but also those occasions where fireworks are, for example, given away or exchanged. The transfer of professional fireworks requires authorization from the municipal council.
Authorization is granted by the municipal council for the municipality in which you have a registered office. If you do not have a registered office, the authorization is granted by the municipal council for the municipality in which you reside. Authorization is granted as a general authorization. In other words, authorization only needs to be applied for once.
The municipal council may set safety and public order related conditions for the authorization.
When you transfer fireworks you are subject to some obligations:
- As part of every transaction (or any other form of transfer) you must ensure that the acquirer has proof of their authorization to acquire the fireworks. You can do this by getting a copy of the acquirer’s authorization on each occasion.
- You must keep records of what you buy and what you sell with proof of:
- Usage classification, quantity, type designation
- Date of purchase and sale
- If it is a question of a sale (transfer), the acquirer’s name and address and proof that the acquirer is authorized to acquire fireworks should also be provided.
The abovementioned documentation must be stored for five years.