The Danish Safety Technology Authority was founded in 2004, and will focus on the safety technological aspects relevant to fires, accidents and explosions. It is our mission to set the standard in safety technology in Denmark, Europe and internationally.
We ensure people's safety
With this mission as its focus, the Danish Safety Technology Authority was founded on 1 January 2004.
The Danish Safety Technology Authority will focus on the safety technological aspects relevant to fires, accidents and explosions. It is our mission to set the standard in safety technology in Denmark, Europe and internationally.
Our wish is to be viewed as a centre of knowledge, rather than a purely ministerial administration. That is why it lies at the core of our strategy to gather competencies and ensure professionalism. We wish to be advisors at a highly professional level and we prioritise dialogue and interaction with our stakeholders. By these means, we feel that we are in the best possible position to increase safety.
The Danish Safety Technology Authority is a part of the Danish Ministry of Business and Growth. The authority was founded by merging task from several councils and agencies. The merger of these technical tasks has taken place to ensure greater effectiveness.
All of the Danish Safety Technology Authority's tasks are centred around technical safety. We cover different areas.
- have overall responsibility for gas safety in connection with all types of gas installations and plants
- have overall responsibility for electrical safety , both in connection with production, transmission, distribution and the use of electricity
- administer authorisations with respect to electricity, gas, plumbing and sewage
- administer general product safety , including safety control of baby products and other consumer products
- are responsible for safety concerning fireworks , including approval of certified pyrotechnicians
- conduct the industrial policy and have the general authoritative responsibility for metrology and accreditation. DANAK is the performing party whose work for the authority is based on a contract.